We know how much your car means to you. We also know how much you value the showroom sheen on its exterior paint. And when it comes to securing your car’s paint job and keeping it pristine, ceramic coating (such as Ceramic Pro Ion) and paint protection film (KAVACA PPF) are two of the most popular options in the industry today.
You might have asked yourself what these products are and what they can accomplish for your car’s condition. Additionally, with so many factors to consider, how do you decide which one is best for you? In this blog post, we’ll discuss the differences between ceramic coating and paint protection film and help you decide which one suits your car the best. Fire away!
Paint Protection Film, defined.
Paint Protection Film, also known as a clear bra or PPF, is a transparent and thin urethane film that is applied by auto studio professionals to the exterior paintwork of your car. This structure serves as an additional, sturdy protective layer against many potentially harmful external agents on the road. This product may come in various thicknesses, colors, and levels of protection, so you can choose one according to your car’s needs. It protects your shiny exterior from the following:
What your car is protected from
- Rock chips and minor scratches from rock and road debris
- Chemical etch marks and stains against harmful contaminants and other substances
- Hard water spotting from mineral deposition on paint
- Swirl marks from long travels and washing
- Oxidation from the harmful sun’s UV rays
The best of the best: KAVACA PPF
KAVACA PPF is one of the top-notch paint protection films on the market today that is supplied by paint protection of Knoxville. It is made from advanced nanotechnology to offer superior protection for your vehicle’s exterior. This product provides invisible protection with the utmost luxury. Here are some KAVACA PPF packages that will surely suit your needs:
- Instant Healing PPF: This PPF will prevent rock chips and minor scratches from appearing prominently with its self-healing technology, which no longer requires heat!
- Matte Finish PPF: This PPF is enhanced with a unique matte finish to provide additional protection and give you a stylish appearance.
Frequently Asked Questions about PPF
Q: How much does it usually cost to get a paint protection film installed on my vehicle?
A: Depending on what exactly needs to be protected, installing paint protection film on a car can cost more or less. A front bumper costs at least $795.00 at Ceramic Pro Knoxville TN, a partial hood may start at $1,090.00, a front end costs $2,090.00, and the most comprehensive coverage is $9,000.00.
Q: How long does this protective film usually last?
A: KAVACA PPF extends the film’s life up to a whopping 12-year run from the ordinary film with about 5-7. But of course, it will still depend on your driving conditions.
Q: Can PPF ruin my paint job?
A: No, it will not damage your original paint job. On the contrary, it is designed to protect and enhance the paint job of your car.
Ceramic Coating, explained.
Ceramic Coating is a liquid, nano-ceramic substance that is applied to your vehicle’s paint job. It works by forming a permanent chemical bond to the exterior of your car, providing it with an extra layer of defense against any external agent that may potentially damage it and an incredible hydrophobic layer. There are a couple of benefits that you are expected to experience with the power of ceramic coating.
The Advantages of Ceramic Coatings
- Oxidation resistance against UV rays
- Protect your vehicle against dirt, dust, bird droppings, tree sap, and the like
- Hydrophobic properties that make it super easy to clean
- It helps keep the car clean for an extended period
- A glossy finish with a great shine
- Hard water spotting from mineral deposits
The cutting-edge: Ceramic Pro Ion
Ceramic Pro Ion Bond is a state-of-the-art ceramic coating that provides superior protection with its advanced nanotechnology offered by ceramic coating Knoxville TN . It bonds deep into the layers of the painted surface of your new car to form a protective shield, offering unparalleled levels of protection against damaging external agents. This product comes in several packages for different levels of coverage:
- Ultimate Ion package: This package offers the highest protection possible with its 9H hardness, anti-scratch properties, and UV resistance. It also has a lifetime warranty.
- Ion Package: This package is designed to provide advanced hydrophobicity and a strong protective layer for your car’s exterior. It has a 7-year warranty.
The standard application procedure of the Ceramic Pro Ion:
- Base coat: A special base coat is applied to the car’s exterior paint job to ensure that the ceramic coating adheres properly and forms a strong bond.
- Top coat: The top coat is applied to seal the deal. It enables the sophisticated ion exchange reaction to bump up the protective qualities of the base coat.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ceramic Coating
Q: What do I do if there are contaminants on the surface or if it gets wet?
A: With Ceramic Pro Ion, you don’t have to worry about contamination or the damage that comes with it. The surface is designed to be hydrophobic and self-cleaning, repelling water and other liquids while actively removing contaminants from its own surface. You can just use a detailing spray and a plush microfiber to get it off.
Q: How long do I wait until I can wash my car?
A: You need at least 48 hours for a brushless or touchless wash. About two weeks are needed before you can do a contact hand wash.
How are Ceramic Coating and PPF similar?
Ceramic Coating and Paint Protection Film are both designed to provide your vehicle with an extra layer of protection. Both can help protect the paint job on your car from scratches, UV rays, and other external agents that may potentially damage it.
The Difference Between Ceramic Coating and PPF
Although both products provide similar levels of protection, they have their own unique qualities that make them different from each other. PPF Knoxville TN provides instant protection and can be removed whenever you need it. It mainly protects your car from small scratches, chipping, swirl marks, and other physical damage. Ceramic Coating, on the other hand, excels at the chemical aspect in that it provides superior protection against environmental contaminants, UV radiation, and oxidation while making your car easier to clean at any moment’s notice!
How do you choose between Ceramic Coating and PPF?
The best way to decide is to consider the specific needs of your vehicle. Determine which type of protection you desire by taking into account the environment that your car is exposed to and its expected usage.
Why choose when you can combine the power of both with Paint Protection, Knoxville?
Ceramic Coating and Paint Protection Film can be applied together to provide your car with the ultimate protection against physical and chemical damage. Ceramic Pro Ion Bond is particularly designed to work in tandem with PPF, making it a great choice if you want the best of both worlds.
Ultimately, it boils down to the purpose of your vehicle and the environment to which it is exposed. Ceramic Coating provides superior protection against environmental contaminants, UV radiation, and oxidation, while Paint Protection Film protects your car from physical threats such as scratches, chipping, swirl marks, etc. Both can be combined for optimal protection and a superior look for your precious investment.